This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PawsToSavor #CollectiveBias
Have I ever expressed that I am a huge animal lover? Growing up, we always had at least two dogs and one cat. My house feels empty without animals. They truly are members of our family. Of course I want my children to grow up with that unconditional love that pets can bring.
Last fall we surprised Lincoln and Avery with our sweet German Shepherd puppy, Belle. She captured our hearts immediately, and we all just adore her…especially my boys!
Now that summer is in full swing and school is almost out, we’re hoping to visit my parents house in Rhode Island more frequently. They live 2 1/2 hours away, so when we visit we almost always stay for a few days. It’s a wonderful time for all of us…including Belle! She looks forward to playing with my parents and brothers dog while we’re there.
We wanted to make sure Belle was used to traveling, so we started when she was just a little pup. She now loves the car, and knows she’s going on a fun adventure!
Of course there are some essentials I find make traveling with pets easier. These essentials will not only make your life easier, but make your pet feel more comfortable.
1. Water and Water Bowl — Pets can get dehydrated too! I always pack a few water bottles and a bowl in the event we need to stop. They make collapsible water dishes for travel, however, we find a regular water bowl works just as well.
2. Toys — If your dog is anything like our Belle, she loves to play! Having a few familiar toys will make your pet happy! One of Belle’s absolute favorites is playing fetch, so we make sure to pack a few balls.
3. Towels — Unfortunately, Belle will sometimes get car sick. To prevent her from getting sick directly on our cars interior, we line the floor with old towels. It helps make the mess a little less messy!
4. Dog Bed— A small dog bed is easy to pack, and your dog will appreciate it. It’s comforting and familiar to her. We give it to her when we arrive at our destination.
5. Pet ID Tags — Belle wears hers on her collar at all times. If somehow she were to get away, especially far from home, I want to make sure those tags are on!
6. Leash — No matter how good your dog is off-lead, you’ll always want a leash when traveling with your dog.
7. Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend — Perhaps the most important travel essential is dog food! Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend offers a high-quality nutrition that dogs absolutely love! Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend formulas are made with real poultry, meat, or fish as the #1 ingredient in all dry formulas. It offers a 100% complete and balanced nutrition for each stage of life. We purchase our Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend at PetSmart.
Right now when you spend $15 on any Purina® Pro Plan® product (5/31-7/5), you can save $15 on your next purchase of 10.5 lbs. or larger Purina® Pro Plan® Dry Cat or Dog Food or Litter by 7/31.
These travel essentials keep our sweet Belle comfortable, and above all HAPPY when we’re on-the go!