How is everyone doing today? What a crazy world we are living in compared to only a few weeks ago. Surely your routine has changed significantly. If you’re a parent, not only are you either working from home, taking care of the house and your children (or all of the above), but now you are your child’s teacher! I know as parents, we instinctively put our children’s needs above our own. It’s human nature. It’s just what we do. HOWEVER, it’s very important to not forget about someone else — YOU!! Your kids need a happy, healthy mom even more than they need to learn their sight words (or “excitement words” as my 6 year old calls them). Today I’m sharing a FREE printable self care checklist for moms!
Printable Self Care Checklist for Moms
Some of these suggestions are incredibly simple, but they will bring you inner peace.
- Take a shower — Seriously. It’s amazing how refreshed a shower can make you feel.
- Paint your nails — A little pampering is always fun!
- Text your best friend — Especially important while practicing social distancing.
- Do a brain dump — Just sit down with a pen and piece of paper and write is ALL out.
- Workout regularly — Release those endorphins!! You’ll feel amazing afterwards. Promise.
- Read a book — Definitely a great thing to do right now.
- Go to bed earlier — Remember how important it is to catch those Zzzz’s!
- Listen to your favorite song — And have a dance party, of course!!
- Wake up a few minutes earlier — Appreciate the silence.
- Laugh — So important!!
- Take a nap — Get some rest and feel recharged!
- Have a cup of coffee or tea alone — Just you and your favorite cup of yumminess.
- Eat a healthy breakfast — Start your morning off right with the most important meal of the day!
- Sit outside in the sun — Soak up that Vitamin D!!
- Try adult coloring — It’s amazing how relaxing something as simple as coloring really is.
- Ask for help — There’s nothing wrong with asking for help, and it will make the person you’re asking feel good!
- Keep a journal — Or even start a blog!! Writing is such a great form of therapy.
- Meditate — Simply put, just BE.
- Say “No” — Once your start saying “no” to things, it will become EASIER!
- Have a friend date once per month — This can be done virtually, too!
How are YOU taking care of YOU?