I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I LOVE appetizers. Seriously. Sometimes my husband and I will order a bunch of appetizers when we go out for dinner, so we can indulge in a small sampling of a variety of foods. Spinach and artichoke dip is always a favorite. Even my kids like it…which is a huge win in itself! Today I’m going to share with you a yummy, keto-friendly spinach and artichoke dip recipe! Why keto-friendly? Because let’s face it…it seems like EVERYONE is doing the keto diet, or some similar version of it. While I am NOT (can’t quit carbs), I love that this dip can be shared and enjoyed with so many.
Ingredients to make your Keto-Friendly Spinach and Artichoke Dip:
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- One, 12 oz. package of frozen spinach
- One, 15 oz. can of artichoke hearts (chopped)
- One, 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup of Gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, divided into ½ cups (use grated for a thicker consistency OR freshly shredded for a creamier consistency)
- 3 Tbsp of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ½ tsp of paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the garlic, spinach, and artichokes. Heat for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to low. Warm and mix the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Gruyere cheese, and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Once the cheeses are incorporated and creamy, add the spinach mixture to the cheese.
- Add the sour cream, mayo, salt, pepper, and paprika, and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased oven safe baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping foods – crackers, veggies, chips.
Tip: For extra creaminess, add an additional ½ cup each of mozzarella, Gruyere, and freshly shredded Parmesan. This is a must for cheese lovers!!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
What is your go-to appetizer? Do you love spinach and artichoke dip? Are you doing the keto diet?
Looking for more shareable recipes? You’ll love this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip!