Your taste buds will love this mouthwatering homemade caramel apple oatmeal. Affiliate links are used in this post. All opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you, but with Fall in the air, I start thinking of the wonderful things I love best about the season. One of those things is breakfast. Did you know that breakfast is my favorite meal? I seriously could live off of breakfast foods! While I have many favorites, once the cooler weather hits, I love a delicious warm bowl of oatmeal. Now I know those pre-made packets are incredible easy and convenient…especially on those hectic school morning. However, I sometimes like to kick it up a notch with homemade oatmeal. Believe it or not, it’s not too difficult to whip up a batch of homemade oatmeal, and it tastes SO much better than the pre-made kinds!
HOMEMADE CARAMEL APPLE OATMEAL
I am a huge lover of apple everything — even more so during the fall. So naturally, this Homemade Caramel Apple Oatmeal is one of my favorites! And you know what? It’s also incredibly EASY to make — which is a HUGE winner for this mom!
CARAMEL APPLE OATMEAL INGREDIENTS:
- ½ C. oats
- 1 C. almond milk, divided
- ½ C. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1 medium apple
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- In a blender, add ½ the almond milk, dates and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth. This is your “caramel.”
- Chop apple into small pieces and set aside.
- Combine oats, water, remaining ½ C. almond milk and cinnamon to a small pot.
5. Cook on low for 5 minutes on low/medium, frequently stirring.
6. Add apples and flax seeds to oatmeal and stir until combined.
7. Add ¾ off the date “caramel” and mix.
8. Serve in a bowl and top with remaining date caramel.
I personally love to make a big batch of this homemade caramel apple oatmeal. You can easily store the oatmeal in a container inside your fridge. Then scoop out your desired amount in the morning, and heat yourself up a wholesome breakfast!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO ENJOY BREAKFAST? DO YOU LOVE HOMEMADE CARAMEL APPLE OATMEAL?
Looking for more Apple goodness? Spoil yourself with these Exfoliating Apple Sugar Scrub Cubes!