Do you love Harry Potter? Want to challenge your kiddos to a match of Quidditch? Everyone loves that famous Golden Snitch! With the holidays quickly approaching, I think it’s always a fun time to do crafts with my kids. Handmade ornaments are some of my personal favorites. I love looking at our decorated tree each year with those precious ornaments my children made. I thought it would be fun to create a Harry Potter Golden Snitch Ornament! This is the perfect, EASY DIY ornament that any Harry Potter fan will love!
HARRY POTTER GOLDEN SNITCH ORNAMENT
Harry Potter fans will fall in love with this handmade Ornament! It is also the perfect gift to give this holiday season! Here are the materials you will need for your Harry Potter Golden Snitch Ornament:
- Mini gold plastic round Christmas ornaments
- Gold glitter cardstock
- Hot glue gun
- Golden Snitch wing template (download yours FREE here)
- Twine or ribbon
How to make your Harry Potter Golden Snitch Ornament
- Cut out the wings from the printable template.
- Trace the wing shapes onto the gold glitter cardstock.
- Use scissors to cut out the wing shapes from the cardstock.
- Be sure that you have purchased the mini sized gold ornaments. That is the size that will work with this template.
- Fold over a tiny piece of the cardstock at the base of each wing where it will attach to the ornament.
- Place a drop of hot glue on the folded over piece of cardstock on each wing, and secure the wing to the side of the ornament. Place one wing on each side of the ornament.
- Cut a piece of twine or ribbon and tie it around the top of the ornament to create a hanger.
Now you are ready to hang your Harry Potter Golden Snitch Ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Christmas ornament is really easy and fun to make. It’s a great DIY project for all Harry Potter fans. It also makes a fantastic gift!