Have a little explorer who has a love for space? Do rockets, astronauts, and planets make your kids smile? They’ll love this easy DIY Glow in the Dark Galaxy Slime recipe! You’ll love that it keeps your littles busy! Rest assured, this slime recipe is Borax-FREE!
My 5 year old son, Avery, is obsessed with anything and everything space related. He has asked me on more than one occasion when we can go to space “for real, not pretend.” He has known his planets since he was 3 years old. The universe fascinates him, and I love that he is so passionate about something at such a young age.
DIY Borax-Free Glow in the Dark Galaxy Slime
Do you have a space loving child, too? This Space-themed Galaxy Slime will surely be a hit! Kids LOVE slime! Did you know slime is also a great sensory activity? So let them have at it! Here’s everything you’ll need to make your very own glow-in-the-dark slime!
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of water
- Extra fine black glitter
- Small silver star confetti
- Blue glow in the dark powder (about a teaspoon)
- A craft stick
- Mix the glow in the dark powder with the cornstarch.
- Slowly add the water to the blue cornstarch.
- Add a generous amount of extra fine black glitter and silver star confetti.
- Begin to mix the slime with the craft stick.
- As it begins to clump together begin kneading by hand.
- Your slime is ready when it is dry to touch but squishy!
- If your slime is too runny add a pinch more cornstarch.
- This galaxy slime will glow in the dark if left to ‘charge’ in the sun. You can also use a black light to really bring out the glow in the dark properties.