Our family is anxiously awaiting the release of the upcoming film, Ghostbusters Afterlife. Due to the pandemic, its summer 2020 release date got pushed until March 5, 2021. If you grew up in the 80’s, I’m sure you’re equally as excited. To hold us over until next year, I thought it would be fun to create something inspired by the movie! You’ll love this Ghostbusters Cricut Craft! Read on to see how easy it is to make…but first, check out our trailer reaction video!
How FUN does that look?! My kids have never seen the original movies, so they will definitely have some catching up to do before March!
Ghostbusters Cricut Craft
This DIY Cricut craft includes succulents, which are such a fun decor piece to add to your home. Not only is this craft perfect for the upcoming film, it would even work as a Halloween decoration! Let’s get started!
Materials Needed for your Ghostbusters Cricut Craft
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Ghostbusters SVG Files
- Scraping tool
- black vinyl sheet
- red vinyl sheet
- 12×12 sheet transfer tape
- Oui yogurt jars (or other small glass jar)
- White chalk acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- 2 faux cactus succulents
- Potting soil or rocks
- White cardstock
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue stick
- Lollipop stick
- Wash and clean jars.
- Paint the jars white and let dry. You will need to apply 2 coats.
- Place svg files into cricut design space. Make the file less than 2 inches in height.
- Place the vinyl on a blue mat. Set to vinyl setting and cut.
- Once cut weed the design. For the ghostbuster specifically it will need to be 1 inch in height to fit right around the jar.
- Once the jars are dry. Take the weeded design and place transfer tape over the design. Using the scraper rub the design then peel back the transfer tape. Go slow and be sure that the design is adhered to your transfer tape. Press this to the jar and rub well. Peel back the transfer tape slowly so that the design sticks to the jar.
- Once the designs are on both jars add potting soil or rocks to the jar. Fill to the top. Add in faux succulent.
- For the ghost logo follow the process above, but then place the red ghost on white cardstock and trim all the way around with scissors. Hot glue this to the lollipop stick. Add this to one of the jars.
Now you can display your new Ghostbusters Cricut craft! Decorate with it now for the Fall and Halloween season, and then bring it back out to celebrate the release of the new Ghostbusters movie next year! This DIY cricut craft will be a hit with any Ghostbusters fan!
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Synopsis
Over 35 years after the original Ghostbusters, a broke single mom and her kids move to the small town of Summerville where they stay in a old broken down house “most likely Egon’s” and soon discover the iconic Ecto-1, Ghost Traps, and a strange underground base. But soon realize they must take on the mantle of their grandfather, with some help along the way when a new and much darker threat rises from the Shandor Mine, that seems to be strangely connected to all the activity.