Cold and flu season is here, and it’s storming through with a vengeance. While I always hope we can avoid any kind of sickies, I find it best if we’re always prepared. You just never know when they’ll hit. These easy DIY Vaporizing Bath Salts made with essential oils, are just what your body needs. Affiliate links are used in this post. All opinions are my own.
I’ve been doing vapor baths for my kids ever since they were babies. While you can certainly use the vapor bath for yourself, I think it’s nice to have a little something special for us moms. Please note that this particular recipe for vaporizing bath salts does use eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils. Eucalyptus should not be used in children under the age of 10. Peppermint should not be used in children under the age of 6. I am not a medical professional, so please always use caution when using essential oils.
DIY Vaporizing Bath Salts
- 1 1/2 cups Epson salts
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 15 drops rosemary essential oil
- 7 drops blue soap colorant
- 5 drops yellow soap colorant
- Begin by adding the Epson salts and baking soda to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Mix in the soap colorants and stir until your desired shade of green is achieved.
- Next add the eucalyptus, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils and stir well to distribute.
- Transfer your vaporizing bath salts to an airtight glass container and store in a cool and dry place.