Already thinking of Valentine’s Day? If you’re a parent, chances are you might already be thinking of what cute valentines your kids will share with their friends this year. Maybe you’re looking for fun valentine inspired treats. Or possibly some non-candy valentine alternatives. I always find it fun to create crafts and activities with my children to celebrate a holiday or season. There are so many fun kids crafts for Valentine’s Day. Today I am excited to share with you an easy DIY Valentine’s Day Butterfly Craft For Kids! This fun activity is great to do inside of your own home, and can also be used inside of a classroom!
DIY Valentine’s Day Butterfly Craft For Kids
Supplies (affiliate links):
- Cut out a 4 inch X 2 inch piece of pink paper.
- Place the paper horizontally and glue both ends together by making a roll.
- Take a piece of red cardstock paper, and draw the smaller heart shape from the template.
- Then fold the cardstock paper in half, and cut out the heart shape according to the outline.
- Make a similar pair of wings for the butterfly, but just little bit bigger than the previous one.
- Glue the smaller pair of wings on top of the bigger one.
- Add a little glitter on the smaller wings.
- Glue the googly eyes on the top of the roll we made earlier.
- Cut out the antennas using the template.
- Cut out a heart shape from the template.
- Glue the wings on the back of the roll.
- Glue the antennas on the front top.
- Finally glue the heart on the middle of the roll.
- Finish up the butterfly by making a smiley face with a marker.
This Valentine’s Day Butterfly Craft is an easy and fun way for your little ones to show their creative side. It’s a wonderful activity to work on those fine motor skills. The cute little butterfly can even be used for imaginative play! The possibilities are really endless!