When I was at the 2017 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, 3 days of our event was held onboard the Disney Wonder cruise ship! It was our family’s first ever cruise. We didn’t know what to expect. I did much research, and when I stumbled upon Fish Extenders, I was immediately intrigued. I signed up our family for a Fish Extender Group and got to work figuring out gifts for the families in our group. It was seriously SO MUCH FUN!! DIY projects are my jam, so I tried my hand at a handmade fish extender gift. The first idea I thought of was Mickey Mouse Anchor Magnets!
DIY FISH EXTENDER GIFT
Making these Mickey anchor magnets was super easy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Begin by painting your wooden anchor like the pattern shown.
- I used 2 coats of acrylic paint.
- Allow time to dry between coats.
- Use the top of a pencil eraser for the white Mickey buttons.
- Once dry, apply a coat of Mod Podge for a finished look.
- Attach magnetic tape on the back
- If you’re looking to personalize these magnets, you can add the family’s last name, ship name, or year.
That’s it! Super easy!! It was a bit time consuming to make them all, with having to wait for the paint to dry. I made 9 magnets, one for each cabin in our Fish Extender Group.