If you haven’t visited Disney parks during the holiday season, I will tell you… you are missing out on something truly beautiful and magical! Disney really goes all out in transforming the parks, resorts, and everything Disney owns into a Winter Wonderland picture perfect Christmas world. Although it is gorgeous to see, the holidays are a peak season for Disney which means it costs more for visitors to come at this time. Not only are admission prices increased but the cost to stay in resorts are increased as well. Today we are going to be focusing on a guide to booking your Disney Resort during the Holidays. We’ll talk about all of the fun holiday events and decor that change, and also how you can save a little money when it comes to the busy holiday season at Disney Resorts.
Disney Resort Holidays: Ultimate Guide
Festive Decor at Disney Resorts:
As I said, the Disney parks aren’t the only thing that gets transformed with holiday decor, the Resorts are no exception either. Each Disney resort will be all decorated for the Holiday season. You will see a lot of twinkly lights, red and green decor, and of course plenty of beautifully decorated Christmas trees all throughout the hotels. It is truly amazing just how much work is put into the holiday transformation, if you didn’t already know hard working cast members transform the Disney parks and resorts to the holiday decor OVERNIGHT, craziness am I right?
Special Holiday Events at Disney Resorts:
Staying at a Disney resort has a multitude of perks such as early FastPass+ planning, free magic bands, and magic hours for visiting the parks. However during the holidays, the resorts offer a couple additional resort perks for their guests. Disney has a “Dreaming of a Disney Holiday” program that makes your stay a little extra special and you will even receive personalized gift from Mickey and Minnie! Such a special experience, especially if you bring the little ones with you as well.
Saving Money Booking at Disney Resorts:
Booking Disney Resorts during the holidays is ultimately more expensive. This is simply because it is a peak season and there is more demand for the rooms. Well, there are a few ways to avoid these extremely high prices and save a bit of cash. Here are a few tips:
1. Book Early: It’s all about supply and demand so the closer you get to the dates of your trip, the more expensive it is going to be due to their will be less availability with a greater demand. If you intend to take a holiday trip I would highly recommend booking as far in advance as you possibly can.
2. Shop Around: Disney Resorts have several different options to choose from and they range from value hotels up to top of the line, Deluxe Resorts. I will tell you, I’ve stayed in a range of various resorts and even those on the cheapest end are very nice and they are all Disney themed. PLUS, you get all the same perks! I would highly recommend shopping around and looking for the best affordable option for your family.
3. Promo Codes: Search for promo codes, I wouldn’t say they are easy to find but they are certainly worth a look. Google around and check out various Disney dedicated sites to see if they have any current promotions or codes that will help you save a bit of cash.
Why you Must Visit Disney During the Holidays
Disney during the Holiday season is a completely different experience than your typical Disney trip. From the decor of the parks to the decadence of the hotels resorts, everything is truly beautiful. It is the epitome of Christmas. And dare I say it? It’s EXTRA MAGICAL! I hope this guide has helped you see why Disney Resorts are so special during the holidays. In my opinion, it is well worth it and it will really add to your experience.
Looking for more Disney Tips? You’ll love these popular posts:
- Walt Disney World Budget Planning Guide
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney’s Dining Plan
- Tips for Planning a Multi-Generational Disney World Vacation