“Make a wish, and do as dreamers do, and all your wishes will come true.” Disney Cruise Line recently announced some highly anticipated information about their first ship in their new fleet expansion, The Disney Wish! There is truly nothing like a Disney Cruise Line vacation, and I am beyond excited to share these magical details with you. Here is everything you need to know about Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Wish!
Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Wish | Everything you Need to Know
Before we get started, you’ll want to make sure to bookmark this page. I’ll continuously update this post as new information becomes available about the Disney Wish. Now, let’s get started!
When will the Disney Wish set sail?
Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Wish will embark on its maiden on June 9, 2022. This special five night sailing will include two days at sea, along with stops at Nassau and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Are you a Disney Vacation Club Member? On June 14, 2022, members will have the opportunity to sail on a 3 night cruise to Castaway Cay. We’re DVC Members, and this sounds magical!
These sailings will be followed by additional three and four night cruises from Port Canaveral. Disney Cruise Line already has the dates posted. You can check them out here.
More Water FUN Aboard the Disney Wish
Disney Cruise Line is introducing its first EVER attraction at sea, The AquaMouse! This water ride will teleport guests on a fun family adventure through winding tubes suspended above the upper decks. There will be lots of twists and turns, but overall this is an immersive water ride! My kids are going to flip out over this!!
Other than the AquaMouse, the Disney Wish will have more pools and more deck space for families to space out, complete with poolside entertainment! Little ones will love splashing around in the new Toy Story themed water play area.
New Additions Added to Disney Wish’s Kids Clubs
It’s no secret how much children enjoy the kids clubs on Disney Cruise Line. Now they’re going to love them even more!
Disney’s Oceaneer Club: Children ages 3-12 will be immersed into their favorite Disney stories with these new additions.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy: Kids will choose a super hero suit based on their favorite Marvel characters. Then it will be time for “Avengers: Mission Training,” a game where they put their new suits and skills to the test as they virtually battle bad guys.
- Fairytale Hall: Kids will join some of their favorite Disney Princesses and Frozen Queens as they let their creativity shine at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library, and test their icy powers at Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab: Disney Imagineers are the masterminds behind Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruise ships. Kids will participate in hands-on activities and inventive experiments — including designing their own roller coaster and virtually riding it!
Edge and Vibe: From selfie-worthy backdrops, games, and movies, tweens and teens will have lots to keep them entertained while meeting new friends.
Who ever said a Disney Cruise is just for kids? The Disney Wish has exclusive experiences for those guests ages 18 and up.
- Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge: A high-end bar styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship, richly themed, and filled with immersive experiences, Hyperspace Lounge is a Star Wars fans dream!
- Specialty Dining: Aboard the Disney Wish, guests will savor gourmet meals and exceptional beverages at Palo Steakhouse, Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement, and The Rose, an upscale suite of epicurean excellence exclusively for adults, inspired by the elegant icons of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Beauty and the Beast.” don’t know about you, but I’m super excited for The Rose…Beauty and The Beast is one of my favorites!
- Quiet Cove Pool District: Guests aged 18 and older will find a secluded adults-only district dedicated to lounging, sipping and soaking. This peaceful refuge will offer breathtaking panoramic views of the ocean from a luxurious infinity pool.
- Senses Spa and Senses Fitness: In addition to a menu of massage, facial and acupuncture therapies, guests will be able to select from a menu of specialized treatments that are customized to their needs, such as pain management and sleep improvement. The reimagined Senses Fitness will offer state-of-the-art exercise and wellness facilities, including a main room with exercise equipment, weightlifting machines and free weights, along with a dedicated cycle studio and an aerobics room. Complimentary, instructor-led fitness classes will be offered throughout the cruise.
Three NEW Family Restaurants!
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure: Disney’s first “Frozen”-themed theatrical dining experience, bringing the kingdom of Arendelle to life through immersive live entertainment — featuring favorite characters like Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf — and world-class cuisine infused with Nordic influences. You all know how much I adore the Frozen franchise! I am sooooo excited for this!!
- Worlds of Marvel: Avengers Assemble! Worlds of Marvel is the first-ever Marvel cinematic dining adventure, where guests will play an interactive role in an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around them, complete with a worldly menu inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- 1923: Named for the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, 1923 is an elegant celebration of the company’s legacy, paying homage to the golden age of animation and offering a tasteful tribute to its Californian heritage.
Family Entertainment Like Never Before
- The Grand Hall: The fairytale castle-inspired Grand Hall will sparkle with enchantment as it evolves from an elegant atrium into an environmental theater with the help of a hidden layer of special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on board a Disney ship. Dedicated shows and interactive entertainment will come to life all around guests in this magical new venue.
- Luna: This brand-new entertainment hub will transition from a daytime setting for family fun into an elegant evening venue for adult-exclusive entertainment, offering a variety of live shows and interactive programming throughout the day and night.
- Hero Zone: Introducing a completely new category of active family play to the Disney Cruise Line portfolio, Hero Zone is a futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination, alternating between an elaborate family obstacle course and a free-play sports hub.
- Live Shows at the Walt Disney Theatre: The Disney Wish will premiere two brand new stage shows which will be announced at a later date. However, the highly popular “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular,” will be part of its lineup, as well.
Remagined Upscale Staterooms
With an all-new look and feel steeped in enchantment and inspired by dreamy Disney stories, every stateroom on the Disney Wish will be a luxurious, peaceful retreat designed with families in mind. Each will feature beautiful, custom-made artwork depicting beloved Disney fairytales created especially for the Disney Wish.
Every stateroom aboard the Disney Wish has been designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage space and upscale amenities. Most of the ship’s 1,254 staterooms will offer an ocean view — including 877 (70%) with a spacious verandah — and there will be 451 connecting doors that adjoin rooms to accommodate larger families. Some connecting staterooms will have a partition between verandahs that may be opened to create a bigger, shared balcony.
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with 76 concierge staterooms and suites – more than double the number available on other Disney ships.
The Disney Wish will also debut four royal suites that celebrate the gilded world of Disney Animation’s “Sleeping Beauty,” with two Princess Aurora Royal Suites and two Briar Rose Royal Suites. Each pair includes a single-floor option and a two-story configuration, the first of their kind for the Disney fleet.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to start planning our next vacation aboard the Disney Wish! There are so many features I love about this new ship, and I cannot wait to learn even more!
Don’t forget to bookmark this post as it will be continuously updated as more announcements are made!