Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of Captain Marvel Blu-ray. Affiliate links are used in this post. All opinions are my own.
I wasn’t able to see Captain Marvel in theaters with my family. I’m not exactly sure why that is, but it was definitely a film we were all looking forward to — especially my oldest son. Last week when I received an advanced copy in the mail, we were all thrilled!! Friday evening we had a family movie night, and we all were so impressed! My oldest son was literally glued to the TV. I thought the film had a great story line, and really kept you on the edge of your seat! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that Marvel focused on a strong female Super Hero– definitely something positive for our kids to see. Also? How can you not love Goose?! That cat is just full of surprises!!
While my 5 year old did watch the movie with us, I don’t think I would let him watch it had he not have an older brother who is Marvel obsessed. It is rated PG-13 like most Marvel films, and for good reason. Understandably a lot of violence, language, and generally scenes that might be scary for younger children.
CAPTAIN MARVEL BLU-RAY
The spectacular, 1990s-era Super Hero adventure, which electrified and inspired audiences worldwide and surpassed $1 billion in ticket sales, is available on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere May 28, and lands on Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™ June 11. Bring home the first female-led franchise film that launches audiences higher, further, faster, centered on Carol Danvers a.k.a. Captain Marvel.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Alternate Movie Versions
- Movie with Intro– An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Movie with Commentary– Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Becoming a Super Hero– Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment– Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury– Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team– Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree– Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude– The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
- Deleted Scenes
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?”– Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Starforce Recruits– Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
- Heading to Torfa– Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?”– In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box– Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
- Rookie Mistake– Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
- Gag Reel– The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
o Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack”– What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
- Concept Art– Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
- On-Set Images– Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
CAPTAIN MARVEL TRAILER
You can purchase your Captain Marvel Blu-ray by clicking here, or wherever movies are sold!
Get Social with #CaptainMarvel:
Like CAPTAIN MARVEL on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaptainMarvelOfficial/
Follow CAPTAIN MARVEL on Twitter: https://twitter.com/captainmarvel
Follow CAPTAIN MARVEL on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/captainmarvelofficial/
Visit the official CAPTAIN MARVEL site here: https://www.marvel.com/movies/captain-marvel