This is a sponsored partnership with Crest. All opinions are my own.
2018 is here, and I’m ready to rock it! 2017 was a great year for our family. We had many adventures. Lincoln and Avery thrived in every way possible. We also made a BIG move back to my home state, Rhode Island, where we are currently living with my parents while we build our DREAM HOME!!
Although 2018 has JUST began, we already have many new things to look forward to. For starters, we will be moving into our new home this spring! We’ve been building for 9 months, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to move my little family into our beautiful HOME!
At the start of a new year, I always like to make some New Year’s Resolutions or goals for myself. I try not to think of anything too crazy…these resolutions need to be attainable! Here’s how I’m planning to better my well-being this year!
NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS FOR A BETTER ME!
- Establish a consistent workout routine.
- I know. I’m starting off big with the typical “workout” resolution. BUT, this is super important for my physical well-being. As most of you know, I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a brittle bone disorder. It is CRUCIAL that I keep up with an exercise regimen to maintain adequate bone density. In our new house, this will be much easier. We will have an exercise room with all of the necessary equipment I need. Not only that, but we will also have an INDOOR pool! Swimming and water therapy is the absolute best type of exercise for my body.
- With that being said, I need to be more consistent with my workout routine until we move into our new home this spring. Our family has a membership to a nearby pool, and I will do other exercises at home.
- Also? Working out makes you feel GOOD! It releases those endorphin’s and gives you that “feel good” energy! I have generalized anxiety disorder that is sometimes accompanied by panic attacks, as well as PTSD. Working out is not only good for my physical well-being, but for my mental well-being, as well!
- Drink more water.
- I LOVE my coffee. Unfortunately, the caffeine doesn’t love me. I am trying to get into a better habit of drinking more H2O! I always find it easier if I have a fun water bottle. Adding some freshly squeezed lemon is always yummy too!
- I am a huge believer in spreading kindness to make the world a better, happier place. This year I would love to find a rewarding volunteer opportunity to do WITH my children. Teaching them the importance of being kind is one of my top priorities as a mom.
- Dream Big!
- I am a HUGE dreamer, and I always encourage my kids to do the same. This year I have big plans for my family, as well as for my blog! I always find it best to hold myself accountable with a planner. EVERYTHING goes into my planner — Appointments, my kids activities, blog posts, goals, you name it! I find that if I physically write something down, the outcome is always more effective.
- Getting Healthier.
- Crest, my family’s absolute FAVORITE toothpaste brand, is making it easier to keep your healthy resolutions with their new Crest ® Gum Detoxify TM Toothpaste. While we all know the importance of maintaining good oral hygiene, I think sometimes we may forget the importance of keeping our gums healthy! Crest wants people to know – if you’re not taking care of your gums, you’re not taking care of you!
- Crest Gum Detoxify toothpaste has technology to neutralize harmful bacteria, even below the gum line. Its Activated Foam technology significantly improves gum health, leading to clinically proven healthier gums.
- Crest Gum Detoxify toothpaste provides complete coverage for teeth AND gums, ensuring an even, all over clean!
Keeping my gums healthy, with the help of Crest, is such an EASY New Year’s Resolution that we can ALL do! For more information about Crest Gum Detoxify, visit www.crest.com, Like Crest on Facebook and Instagram or follow @Crest on Twitter to receive updates and learn more about oral health.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions? Are you focusing on being your healthiest self?