World Kindness Day is celebrated on November 13th, and Random Acts of Kindness Day is February 17th. Both are wonderful days to use your power to be kind, and to make the world a better place. While there are many different ways to be kind, one of my personal favorites are Random Acts of Kindness. Teaching my children the importance of being kind is very important to me. Children practice what they see. They learn from us — their parents! We are shaping who these tiny people become in this big world. There really is no more important job! I would rather my child grow up and be a kind individual, than a corporate millionaire who is only concerned with their own well-being. Kindness matters.
Today I want to share 25 ways you can offer Random Acts of Kindness, and make the world a better place. Some of these can be done with your children too!!
- Smile at someone JUST BECAUSE. Smiles are contagious! You have the power to brighten someones day, by simply smiling.
- Buy the person behind you in line coffee.
- Donate toys to charity.
- Make homemade dog treats and deliver them to an animal shelter.
- Bake cookies for your neighbor.
- Donate to a food bank.
- Send a card in the mail just because!
- Donate old blankets and towels to an animal shelter.
- Paint “kindness rocks” and hide them for others to find!
- Send a care package to deployed soldiers.
- Pay for someone’s meal at a restaurant.
- Let someone go in front of you in line.
- Mow the lawn, rake the leaves, or shovel snow for your neighbor.
- Leave a generous tip at a restaurant.
- Send flowers to someone.
- Help someone before they ask.
- Carry a stranger’s grocery bags.
- Leave a treat in the mailbox for your mail carrier.
- Donate to your favorite charity.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Bake treats and deliver them to your local police station. Thank them for their service!
- Pick up litter at the park.
- Place a jar of pennies by a wishing fountain!
- Call a relative just to say hello!
And above all, always be kind to yourself. You’re important too!!
Of course I made these 25 Days of Random Acts of Kindness into a FREE Printable for you! CLICK HERE to download yours!
I also decided to create “Kindness” tags. You can easily download, print, and then cut them out. Include one of these Kindness tags with your Random Act of Kindness to encourage the person to pay it forward! CLICK HERE for yours!!