Love is in the air! You’ll love these tips for designing wedding invitations for your special day. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minted. All opinions are my own.
My brother and soon-to-be sister in law’s wedding is literally DAYS away! We’ve been looking forward and planning for this day for almost one year, and it’s finally here! Needless to say, we’re all very, very excited!! I keep checking the weather forecast for this upcoming weekend, and it (fingers crossed) looks beyond perfect.
I was so happy to collaborate with my favorite stationary company, Minted, to help my sister in law design the perfect wedding invitations for her perfect day!
Tips for Designing Wedding Invitations
Feeling overwhelmed with designing your wedding invitations? You shouldn’t be! There’s really no need to stress. Minted makes designing your wedding invitations an easy, fun process — as it should be! The whole wedding planning process should be a happy time from start to finish. These tips will hopefully make the design process easier.
Decide on a Theme
- Most weddings have some sort of theme. My own wedding was a Fairytale Theme…no surprise there! Minted allows you to search BY THEME! My brother’s wedding is a Rustic Theme. It was way too easy to check that little box and search for invites that would compliment their theme. Eventually they decided on the Woodland Romance wedding invitations.
Choose a Shape and Size
- Portrait, landscape, or square? Straight edge, scalloped, or rounded corners? Play around with different options to see which looks best. Try to use colors that will coordinate with your wedding colors.
Check Your Grammar
- Have I ever mentioned I have a BA in English? You know that quote that says, “I’m silently correcting your grammar?” That’s me! Check and recheck your spelling, punctuation, and make sure your wording makes sense! Better yet, have someone else proofread your invites as well!
- Take your invites to the next level by including photos. Photos are a great way to enhance your invitations personal connection. My sister in law chose a classic front design, but added special photos on the backside. I love how their children are included on the invitations. This day is special for them too!! Using photos will give your wedding invitation its own unique, modern look!
- Make sure you order plenty of extra invitations. You never know if you’ll be adding anyone later on to your invite list — and you’ll want a few for yourself too!!
That’s it! Now you have the perfect wedding invitation for your special day — no need to hand address your envelopes. Minted offers complimentary custom envelopes and guest addressing, styled to match your design.
Are you planning a wedding? Check out Minted’s selection of wedding invitations for your special day!