Our family was recently invited to spend a fun-filled day at Edaville USA. It was our first time visiting Edaville, and we were super excited — Lincoln especially! He is a theme park junkie!! We decided to spend the night at my parents house in Rhode Island, so our drive there wouldn’t be as long. My boys are surprisingly both fantastic travelers. I really think taking road trips with them at such young ages really helped a ton! Our morning drive was just a little over an hour. Not too bad!
If you’ve never been to Edaville, you’re in for a treat! For starters, parking is FREE! That seems so rare today, and I really appreciate that feature.
What would an amusement park be without a Ferris Wheel? Get the best view from the highest point in Carver. It’s a true classic and fun for the whole family!
While Lincoln and Daddy enjoyed the view from the Ferris Wheel, I hung out with this adorable boy.
Next it was time to ride Thomas the Tank Engine! We hopped aboard to enjoy a nice 20-minute scenic train ride to take in all the sights and sounds of Edaville USA.
We briefly visited Dino Land. This is one of Edaville’s newer adventures. It features 23 life size animatronic dinosaurs. My boys took a quick ride on the Bone Shaker, a prehistoric spin on a bumpy ride! There’s also a walking trail, however, it was SO SO SO HOT that we opted against it. I bet it would be a nice walk on a cooler day!
- You are allowed to bring in your own food! While Edaville USA does offer many dining and snacking options, you are welcome to bring your own.
- Edaville USA is open Tuesday to Sunday (closed Mondays) during the summer months. They are open 10 AM – 6 PM. I would suggest getting there right at opening. There is plenty to do and see to keep your family busy all day long.
- If you get there right at opening, I would suggest heading straight to Winston’s Skyline Express, located in Thomas Land. If you go later in the afternoon (like we did), you will probably have to wait in a long line, as this seems to be a very popular ride.
- Thomas the Tank Engine Train Rides depart one hour after Edaville USA opens. You can ride the train as many times as you’d like during your visit, however, the last train departs one hour before the posted closing time.
- Bring your own bottled water or refillable water bottle and sunscreen. If you’re visiting on a summer day, you will be HOT!!! There is not much shade, except when you’re in any of the buildings.
- The Sodar Play Zone is a great place to cool off indoors and recharge. Kids ages 4-12 are invited to climb and play in a soft play area and ball pit. There is also a new toddler play area as well!
- Edaville USA is breastfeeding friendly! Located inside of Cran Juction, there is a private room for nursing mothers.
- Make sure you visit their gift shop! I know, I know. Sometimes we will try to avoid going into a gift shop at all costs. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonable the prices were — and they had a great selection!!