This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias
Most of you are well aware of how unbelievably crazy our lives have been since our car accident last January. I’d like to say we’re back to our regular routine, but that’s not true. In fact, I’m not sure when things will be “normal” again. I still have a ways to go with my recovery. I have frequent doctors’ appointments, and I go to therapy three times per week.
Throughout this whole ordeal, my husband has been by my side, every step of the way. This event certainly has brought a whole new meaning to, “in sickness and in health.”
It’s pretty safe to say that romance has been a bit on the back burner. With the holiday season approaching, I thought what better time to reconnect with each other. Although our schedules are still insane, I thought of 12 simple ways to spark the romance this holiday season!
1. Coffee date — I love all the holiday flavors of coffee. A great low-key date to a local coffee shop would be fun…and delicious!
2. Romantic notes — There’s nothing like an old-fashioned handwritten love note! It’s such a simple gesture to let your loved one know you are thinking of him.
3. Sweet text messages — We live in a digital age!! A quick, romantic text will surely brighten your partner’s day! (insert kiss emoji).
4. Game night — I don’t know about you, but my husband and I love playing board games!!
5. Late night Christmas shopping — The stores are always open later during the holiday season. When the kids go to bed, get a sitter and do some late night shopping!! It’s always way less crowded, and the two of you can tackle it together!!
6. Prepare a meal together — Working together to create a yummy dinner (or dessert!) is a great way to spend time together.
7. Go to a Holiday party or wedding — It seems like there’s always one special occasion during the holiday season where you have the opportunity to get all dressed up. Use that as an opportunity to have a date night!!
8. Go to the movies — Take a few hours out of your day and catch a quick movie!
9. Look at your wedding photo album together — Take a trip down memory lane and revisit your special day.
10. Bake Christmas cookies together — Whip up a batch (or 2) of your favorites!
11. Take silly selfies — Life’s too short to not have fun!!
12. Plan a romantic night in — My favorite nights are quiet nights at home with my husband, after the kids have gone to bed. Chocolates, our favorite beverage, a movie, and K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants®.
Right now you can get $2 off any one K-Y® product when you shop at Walmart. I found the K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants in the family planning aisle.
How will you spice up your romance this holiday season?