*My family received complimentary admission to Lake Compounce’s Holiday Lights. As always, all opinions are my own.*
Although a chilly evening, my family recently braved the cold and headed to Lake Compounce, located in Bristol, Connecticut, to check out their Holiday Lights. We bundled up with layers of clothing, hats and gloves, and were ready for FUN!
We started our evening with a tree lighting ceremony! Lincoln was actually one of the kids able to light up the Christmas tree! He was SO excited!! Did you know Lake Compounce’s Holiday Lights features the tallest Christmas Tree in Connecticut? This 100-foot tall decorated tree was spectacular!!
Holiday Lights provides entertainment for ALL ages! Some favorites are the North Pole Railway, where you can board a train and listen to a magical holiday story — all while enjoying the beautiful lights. Kiddieland rides and family themed attractions are open — my boys LOVED riding the rides in the dark with all the twinkling lights in display.
Guests can warm-up by stepping inside to decorate cookies, write a letter to Santa, and even make a Gingerbread House! On the Kiddieland stage, don’t miss Mrs. Clause’s Story Time — and be on the lookout for carolers strolling throughout the park, ice carvers creating frozen sculptures, and many other fun holiday festivities.
This year you can indulge in some serious yummy food at the huge selection of Food Trucks at Lake Compounce. Featuring NoRA Cupcake Company, The Whey Station, 744 Express, Sultan Kebab, and many others. You’ll want to check them out for sure!
Every child will be thrilled to meet the big man himself, SANTA, of course!! Head to the Winter Wonderland in the Starlight Theatre for some photos and to meet Santa!
Fun Facts for Holiday Lights:
- Open Fridays (5-9 PM), and Saturday and Sunday (4-9 PM),nights through December 18th.
- Features over one million lights throughout the park.
- A Spectacular Light Show set to music at the Main Gate every 30 minutes.
- 100 ft. Christmas Tree — The tallest in New England!
- Admission is FREE with a 2016 or 2017 Platinum or Diamond Pass.
- Holiday Entertainment
- Holiday Activities in the Starlight Theatre.
- Kiddieland and Family Rides open.
- Adult Admission $14.99 plus tax
- Child Admission (10 years and younger) $10.99 plus tax
- Senior Admission (60 years and up) $10.99 plus tax
- Children 3 and under FREE