The super awesome Libby, over at Elf a Family Blog tagged me in the “Eleven Things” survey that seems to be floating around the blogosphere. The idea is to tell 11 random things about yourself, then answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you, and then create 11 questions of your own for the people you tag to answer. Here are the “official” rules 😉
2. post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
Sounds easy peasy, right? Okay. Here we go.
Here are 11 random things about myself:
1. I used to model. You know, like smile & get paid for it. It was super fun, and easy good money.
2. Lately I’ve been thinking about homeschooling our children. I don’t think we’ll actually go that route, but I like the idea of it. I don’t know how I feel about the public school systems. I know socialization is a crucial part of a child’s development, but I find myself thinking about how homeschooling exactly works, and if I could be cut out for it.
3. I want my own business. I’d love to have an etsy shop or something. I just need to find my creative niche.
4. Speaking of niche, my first dog was named “Nitch.” And yes, I named him. I was 2 years old when my parents got him for me. Apparently I used to call a drink a “nitch.” I could say milk, juice, water, you name it, but I just liked that word I guess. My parents decided to name our puppy, “Nitch.” I guess it worked, because my Mom tells me I never called a drink a “nitch” again!
5. While I am thrilled about trying to conceive baby #2 and going through another pregnancy, I’m also terrified at the same time. I LOVE having this special time with just us and Lincoln. I worry about how things will change. I do know that we absolutely want another baby. My brother and I have such a great relationship, and I want Lincoln to have that sibling bond.
6. Speaking of more babies. No. We’re not currently trying. Lincoln is in my aunts wedding in October, and I don’t want to be ridiculously pregnant. I’m thinking sometime this summer we’ll jump on the TTC train.
7. I’m beginning to wonder if my Dad will EVER get his liver transplant. He’s been there since last July. At that time, the estimated wait time was 3 weeks to 3 months. Umm, we’re WAY past that time. I know it’s not exactly something you can predict, but it’s just so frustrating.
8. I wish we could move back to Rhode Island [where I’m from]. We’re only 2 1/2 hours away, but I miss being so close to my family and friends. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s something that will ever happen. Jared has a very good, very stable job here, and we built our house. Lots & lots of visits will have to do.
9. I want to go to a blog conference. I just don’t know how I’d ever find the time to go! Right now my life is just so insanely busy.
10. Speaking of conferences. My mom and I are thinking about attending the Osteogenesis Imperfecta conference in DC this July. It’s something we have both always wanted to do. I think it would be so informative, and I’d love to meet others who have OI.
11. We plan on transitioning Lincoln into his own room sometime soon. I’m probably the one who’s procrastinating. I love co-sleeping with my snuggle bug!
And, here are the 11 questions from Libby:
1. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eat for breakfast? I love breakfast foods, so I’m not sure if I really ever have had something strange. My husband can eat last nights leftover Mexican food for breakfast, not me. I supposed I’d have to say bananas on toast. I don’t find this strange, but my husband does.
2. What was the first blog you ever followed? I think the first blog I ever follow religiously was As the Foreste Grows.
3. Who’s on your laminated card? Awesome Question. Let’s see. Channing Tatum, Dominic Purcell, & Steve Burton. Yummmmm!!!
4. Describe your most embarrassing moment. Gosh this is so hard. Possibly the time in college where my BFF and I were drinking coffee in the cafeteria. I took my vitamin with my coffee and choked. It ended up coming out my nose! So gross!
5. What song do you just have to stop and jam out to when it comes on? Toss up between “Don’t Stop Believin” and “Sweet Caroline.”
6. First name of your first crush AND have you facebook stalked him? Okay, so I liked boys really young. I had my first little boyfriend in the second grade, so I’m not going to count him. So let’s move onto when I was 14/15ish years old and go with Scott & Nelson, the brothers. Yes. They are brothers, and I crushed on them both at the same time, and I’ll leave it at that. And they are actually both my “friends” on facebook.
7. If you could vacation anywhere, no expense spared, where would it be? I really have no desire to travel overseas. If you asked me this question before I had Lincoln I probably would have said Italy. Now? I’m going with California. There’s so much I’d like to see there. I think I’d like to go for a month just to see everything.
8. What is your favorite quote? I’m a quote girl. I love ’em. Right now my favorite is, “No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you’re the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.”
9. What do you order when you order a pizza? My favorite is cheese & mushrooms, but not big mushrooms, I like them chopped finely 🙂
10. How old were you when you had your first “real” boyfriend? 17. His name was Rich. And yep, we’re friends on FB.
11. What piece of advice would you give your son/daughter if you could only tell them one thing? Be yourself. Don’t worry what others think. Just be true to you 🙂
My 11 questions for those I’m tagging:
1. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
2. Name one thing on your bucket list.
3. What’s your 10 year plan?
4. How many children do you want to have?
5. If you won a million dollars to donate to charity, which charity would you choose and why?
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
7. Flowers or chocolates?
8. Who’s your celebrity crush?
9. If you could have any job in the world, regardless of pay and education, what would you do?
10. What movie could you watch over and over again?
11. What feature do you like most about yourself?